Mopar is unleashing the most powerful production muscle-car engine ever available to builders and enthusiasts with the launch of its newest crate engine – the 807-horsepower Hellcrate Redeye 6.2-liter Supercharged HEMI® V-8 engine.
“With the addition of this new supercharged HEMI, Mopar now offers five HEMI crate engines with a range of 375 to 1,000 horsepower,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care for FCA – North America. “All Mopar crate engines are quality-tested and factory-backed to deliver proven performance to our enthusiasts.”
Rated at 807 horsepower and 717 lb.-ft. of torque on 91-octane pump gas, the new Hellcrate Redeye crate engine is engineered with proven, factory-backed hardware first seen in the wheelie-pulling, record-setting, limited-edition 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car ever. This same supercharged HEMI engine powers the industry’s most powerful muscle cars, including the new Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye, Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye and the high-horsepower halo of the lineup in 2021, the new 807-horsepower Challenger SRT Super Stock.
“2021 marks the year that Dodge is distilled to a pure performance brand with 700+ horsepower models available across the entire Dodge lineup,” said Tim Kuniskis, Global Head of Alfa Romeo and Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “The new 807-horsepower Hellcrate Redeye crate engine gives any pre-1976 vehicle owner another opportunity to become a member of the Dodge Brotherhood of Muscle by tapping into the Dodge//SRT power that wasn’t available then, but is now.”
If you know, you know. If you don’t, the new Hellcrate Redeye power plant features significant upgrades versus the standard Hellcrate engine, including:
- Larger supercharger – 2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Forged alloy steel crankshaft with 90.9-millimeter stroke and revised balancing
- Induction-hardened crank bearing surfaces; individual journal optimized main bearing clearances
- 5150 alloy gun-drilled camshaft optimized for high rpm performance and decreased weight
- Forged high-strength alloy pistons; 30-micron increased piston-to-bore clearance
- Powder-forged connecting rods; upgraded shank and big end; revised ultra-high tensile fasteners
- 100 percent increase in piston-cooling jet flow
- Revised valve-spring design with 33 percent increase in oiling for valve springs and rocker tips for improved lubrication and cooling
- Single-groove collets on valve stems for improved stability
- Oil pan and windage tray optimized for high acceleration – tested up to 1.8 g
- Each engine is dyno-tested for 42 minutes before being shipped
This complete engine assembly includes a supercharger with throttle body, fuel injectors, coil packs, water pump, front sump oil pan and flexplate.
Builders who prefer a manual transmission can purchase the following:
- Flywheel (part # 05038113AD)
- Flywheel to crankshaft bolts (part # 06504398)
- Clutch and pressure plate assembly (part # 05038769AB)
- Clutch to flywheel bolts (part # 06508880AA)
Also available is a Front End Accessory Drive (FEAD) Kit (part # 77072492), which includes an alternator, power-steering pump, belts, pulleys and mounting hardware.
The Hellcrate Redeye 6.2-liter Supercharged HEMI V-8 engine (part # 68303091AA) is available to order today for a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $21,807. The awesome 807- horsepower HEMI ships in distinctive packaging that features the Hellcat Redeye logo and includes in-depth information sheets with installation requirements and helpful tips.
The new Hellcrate Redeye 6.2-liter Supercharged Crate HEMI V-8 engine joins four proven power plants in the Mopar Crate HEMI engine family:
- “Hellephant” 426 Supercharged Crate HEMI (part # P5160194AC)
- 1,000 horsepower and 950 lb.-ft. of torque
- $29,995 MSRP
- “Hellcrate” 6.2-liter Supercharged Crate HEMI (part # 68303089AB)
- 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque
- $20,215 MSRP
- 6.4-liter Crate HEMI (part # 68303090AA)
- 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque
- $10,060 MSRP
- 5.7-liter Crate HEMI (part # 68303088AA)
- 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque
- $6,550 MSRP
Mopar HEMI crate engines are covered against defects in materials and workmanship for a 90-day period (parts exchange only).
For more information, customers should visit www.cratehemi.com