For the NHRA Series, Mopar supports Mopar Sportsman teams through:
- Display the Mopar decal and be eligible for monetary awards. The contingency decal is available at the Mopar display during scheduled NHRA events.
- Contingency categories consist of:
- Drag Pak
- Mopar Valve Covers
- Mopar Intake Manifold
- Mopar Cylinder Heads
- Mopar Engine Assemblies
The Tom Hoover Excellence Award
- Awards a monetary bonus and custom trophy to the Mopar driver who amasses the most points in either Stock or Super Stock racing over the course of the season. This award is named in honor of Tom Hoover, Chrysler race engineer and legendary “Father of the Gen II HEMI”. The 2015 winner was Kevin Helms, who drove the Jeff Tueton owned Drag Pak of Tueton-Morris-Helms to a Stock Eliminator Championship win and also the Hoover Award. In 2016, Austin Williams won the award for the third time in the last four years, having also won in 2013 and 2014. The award consists of the Hoover Trophy and a $4,260 payment.
Sportsman Appreciation Night the Thursday of the US Nationals Race
- Includes product seminars, product announcements, prizes and Q and A sessions. All Mopar racers are invited to attend. Past grand prizes included a new Gen II HEMI block, a Six-Pack Manifold, along with numerous other race related prizes. This event is a Mopar “thanks” and a salute to all of the dedicated Mopar racers from across the country. Stay tuned for details surrounding the 2017 event.
Drag Pak National Records in Stock and Super Stock
- Monetary and plaque award
- $500 for a Drag Pak National Record
Factory Shootout Wins
- Monetary and plaque award
- $3,000 overall win
For questions on any of the programs above, please contact Dale Aldo at DEA33@Chrysler.com.
Mopar Drag Pak Rewards Program (the “Program”)
Purpose of the Program: to reward Mopar Drag Pak competitors for competing in National and Divisional races during the 2017 NHRA race season
Eligibility: All year Drag Pak race vehicles are eligible (2009 – 2015)
To Enter: Submit name, address and e-mail to DEA33@Chrysler.com. You will then receive two Drag Pak Rewards decals which must be placed on your Drag Pak to accumulate points. You will receive points ONLY IF your vehicle has two Drag Pak Rewards decals on it. You may enter at any time during the 2017 season.
Points Awards: Points are awarded as follows,
- Divisional Entry – 5 pts
- National Entry – 10 pts
- Divisional Runner Up – 5 Pts
- Divisional Win – 10 pts
- National Runner Up – 10 Pts
- National Win – 15 Pts
- Shootout Entry – 15 pts
- Shootout Runner Up – 15 Pts
- Shootout Win – 20 Pts
You must submit proof of entry, runner up and win to DEA33@Chrysler.com within one week of the event.
Payout: At the end of the season, points will be tabulated and a top 20 list will receive a weighted payout based upon the number of events entered and runner up/wins.
- Program may be modified at any time.
- Interpretation of program rules and qualifications is at the sole discretion of Mopar
- Rewards money from this program is taxable income to the recipient. The recipient is responsible for all taxes related to this award. The taxable income will be reported to the award winner and to the IRS via a form 1099-MISC at year-end.
By participating in the Program, each participant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Mopar, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against FCA US LLC in connection with the Program; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the FCA US LLC from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Program, including but not limited to any Program-related activity or element thereof, and the Contestant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Program, DISPUTES: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
Questions: Dale Aldo at DEA33@Chrysler.com